Yeah, it's comics' cheesiest way to intro an article, but I think it's justified here...
I got these sneakers back in 1989 when Tim Burton's Batman first came out. They somehow wound up completely forgotten in the bottom of a footlocker and I don't think I've seen them in ten years. Probably stored in there when I last moved and never got unpacked. I re-discovered them tonight by accident and I'll be darned if they don't still fit! Wohoo!
These were officially licensed by DC and produced by Converse as a special version of their classic All-Star line. They're not in the best of shape -- I actually wore them a fair amount in college -- but I doubt many people will notice the specifics of their condition as they're picking their jaws up off the floor in awe of all those bat-symbols!
(Oh. And yes, my legs really are that hairy.)
- ► 2016 (306)
- ► 2015 (253)
- ► 2014 (259)
- ► 2013 (342)
- ► 2012 (372)
- ► 2011 (367)
- Metropolis Wasn't Built In A Day
- Vote Early, Vote Often!
- Fandom History Then & Now
- Top 5 Books I Lie About Reading
- Random Tidbits
- Altounian On Wowio Going Public
- Wowio Going Public?
- Minor Link-Blogging
- It's Kleefeld On Comics' 4th Blogiversary!
- DIY Lawmaster Suggestions
- Comics & Identity
- THE Party Of Nova Venezia
- Why I Hate Toy Fair
- Crogan's March Review
- My Mardi Gras Proxy
- Comic Books and Creating the Idea of Black Masculi...
- New Torchwood Comic
- Buck Rogers Question...
- Responding To Hibbs' BookScan Analysis
- 15% Off Comic Book Fanthropology: Presidents' Day ...
- The Most Expensive Ten Cent Comic Ever!?!
- Changing Your Comic News Filters
- HOLY BAT-SNEAKERS!!
- Dustin Harbin Is Giving Away Original Art
- Today's Train Of Thought On Kids' & YA Comics
- Spider-Man Dances? Who Knew?
- Fozzie, The Avenger
- Problems With Marvel's Latest Teaser
- Jezebel Calls Bullshit On Marvel
- Brain Hurts... Time For A Mashup
- Critique Free Webcomics As A Cultural Statement
- Race & Comics
- Vote For My Cartoon!
- ▼ February (33)
- ► 2009 (365)
- ► 2008 (358)
- ► 2007 (382)