MoneyTV recently talked with Wowio CEO, Brian Altounian. I'm actually not sure why something called MoneyTV spoke with Altounian without really talking about money or finances; it mostly comes across as a PR bit for Wowio. I'd also not heard of MoneyTV before, but their embarrassingly bad website suggests that they're not anybody worth paying attention to. That said, Altounian did mention two tidbits that might be of interest to folks here.
First, Wowio is going from a limited liability company (LLC) to a corporation (Inc). This is mostly just a legal distinction that provides some separation between the company's owners and the company itself. This will likely have little to no impact on their day-to-day operations.
Second, and of more noticeable impact to readers, is that Wowio will adopt a new site design on July 1. No mention if that will be just a cosmetic change or if there are functional improvements as well.
Altounian also made some vague reference to new acquisitions for Wowio, but it's wholly unclear if he was referring to new IPs they have the rights to publish or companies they've bought out or new staff members being brought on board or what. In any case, this implies that their overall financial situation is much more stable than it was a year ago.
Per their standard operating procedure, no mention of the impending changes is mentioned on Wowio's own website.
- ► 2016 (306)
- ► 2015 (253)
- ► 2014 (259)
- ► 2013 (342)
- ► 2012 (372)
- ► 2011 (367)
- Wait -- Comic Characters Have Weight?
- The Salt Lake Tribune On Africa's Poachers
- Wowio To Rebrand Itself?
- A Revelation About Marvel & DC
- My Avengers Application Was Approved
- Happy Towel Day!
- The Impact Of Resolution
- Ode To Kirihito Review
- Atari Superman Online
- 30 Years Ago...
- SD Paper Superheroes
- Free Access: Underground & Independent Comics, Com...
- Onward & Upward To Greater Glory!
- Minor Housecleaning
- Filtering Through Your Own Lens
- Happy Birthday, Brigid!
- 20 Out Of 30 Days Review
- Green Arrow AKA Robin
- To Tell the Truth: William M. Gaines
- Link Blogging
- The Post In Which Sean Responds To Everybody By Wa...
- The Awesomeness Of August 1972
- Yet Another One Of My Brilliant Ideas
- The "Is My Comic Worth $1 Million?" Webinar
- I've Been Libraried!
- Inside The Middle East With The 99
- A Look Inside Sanctuaries Of Geekdom
- Why Garfield Is So Mashupable
- The Complete Ouija Interviews Reviewed
- FCBD Win!
- ▼ May (32)
- ► 2009 (365)
- ► 2008 (358)
- ► 2007 (382)