GAH! How the heck did I get so busy all of a sudden? Must be the holiday thing. Or maybe it had something to do with my being too sick to actually get much of anything accomplished over the weekend. I was hoping to post a nice piece on the suspension of disbelief in comics, but I do not have nearly the time for that today. Most of what is keeping me busy is comic related though, so I'll mention that here...
1) Holiday shopping. Gotta get comic related gifts for relatives and continue to try to drag them into the fun that is comics! I mentioned my gift for my nephew already, so it's just the rest of my relatives I need to find something for!
2) Band practice. OK, this one's not comic related but it completely eats up my Monday and Thursday evenings.
3) Jack Kirby Collector #50. Due out in February, I need to finish my column by Friday, and I'm not nearly as far along as I'd like. But it focuses on Jack's 50 Greatest Character Designs -- and I'll warn you now, you won't agree with me. Dave, for example, was quite adamant last night that Dr. Doom should rate much higher than I've placed him, and my choice for the number one spot was absurd.
4) Super-Secret Project X. I can't reveal too much about this one yet, but I'm busy working behind-the-scenes on something cool with several comic industry folks. I won't try to claim it'll crack the internet in half or anything, but I think it's cool in a kind of Friends of Lulu/CBLDF sort-of way. I'm currently working on the initial press release announcing the project to the world, and hopefully we'll go public by the end of the year. I'll definitely post more on this as I can. But you can blame the Occasional Superheroine for getting me tied up with this group!
5) I've been flooded with requests -- well, one request -- to check out all the new Zuda comics and post some commentary here. I haven't had a chance to even swing by the site since the last batch ended, but it's on my To-Do list.
6) The Day Job. Yeah, well, this one is only comic related in that it's how I pay for all the comics I talk about here. But it does have a tendency to eat up a good chunk of the day.