- As they've done for the past several years, Hogan's Alley is giving out free copies of their magazine on Free Comic Book Day. Rather than pick them up in your local store, however, you need to send them an email ON SATURDAY with your mailing address; then they'll shoot a copy to you via snail mail. A great deal, especially if you won't be able to make it to a comic book shop in person.
- There will undoubtedly be many good ideas and stories surrounding Free Comic Book Day, but I have to give credit to Carol & John’s Comic Shop in Cleveland for serving Cleveland Action Brewery’s FCBD 2012 Ale to their first 90 of-drinking-age patrons at midnight on Saturday! (I don't even drink and it sounds cool!) (h/t Matt Kuhns)
- Umika Pidaparthy has a two-part article (Part 1, Part 2) on the Indian comic book industry over at CNN's Geek Out. I'm always for looking at our favorite subject without the usual America-centered myopia.
- Apparently, making cross-stitch manga is a thing. I did not know this.
- KPBS profiles Rebecca Hicks and Paul Horn. It's a decent piece, but it kind of feels like someone just discovered that webcomics were a thing. (Also of note: the video opens with a shot of Horn working next to some very nice Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom statues.)
Links, Pre- Free Comic Book Day Edition