How many of you remember David from Sesame Street? By far, the coolest non-Muppet on the show, and the man had a great singing voice. He was portrayed by Northern Calloway from 1971 until 1989, a year before his death.
This evening, I stumbled across information on this Supreme Court case. As near as I can decipher, the Supreme Court case itself involved the specifics of some contract law and how a court's ruling affects those who sign documents on behalf of others. But that case evidently stems from an earlier one in which "Calloway had developed an idea for a motion picture and written a script, and that [Marvel Entertainment] had begun to develop this work without his permission." Marvel acknowledged they were indeed working on said project, authorized under another set of other documents. That original case was dismissed.
From what I've read about Calloway, he was pretty ill by the late 1980s and I get the distinct impression that the whole lawsuit was trumped up by some shady lawyers, hoping to win a big settlement.
But my question is: does anybody know what project of Calloway's this was, and what might have happened to it? I doubt it'd be concerning any known Marvel properties, so I'd be curious to know what else they might have had in development at that time. Any insights or recollections would be appreciated.
- ► 2016 (172)
- ► 2015 (253)
- ► 2014 (259)
- ► 2013 (342)
- ► 2012 (372)
- ► 2011 (367)
- Last Mash-Up Before April, I Promise
- Archie Character Is The Messiah
- Conventions I Will Be Attending In 2010
- Still In The Cellophane?
- Tozo, Chapter 3 On Sale Now!
- Comic Book Villains (The Movie)
- Fanboys & Objectiveness
- Sequential Art Finds At The Cincinnati Art Museum
- Comic Fandom Bibliography
- Another Mashup Day. Sorry.
- Least I Could Non Sequitur, Garfield
- Comics: Right Now
- Philosophy Via Comics
- A Brief Tour Of My Action Figure Metropolis
- Jack Kirby's Fourth World Babies
- Sad Health Updates On Giordano & Sarno
- Warka Vase Status Updated. Sort of.
- Joe Sarno Hospitalized
- Morning Linkage Post: North Korea & Spidey Music
- Inflatable Thing
- Who Are The Big Name Fans?
- Metropolis Wasn't Built In Two Days Either
- Trekkies & Trekkies 2
- Sesame Street's David Sued Marvel?
- Channeling My 8-Year-Old Self
- Brian Boyd On the Origins of Comics
- OK, Go's Live Action Comic
- New Kirby Collector Out Today!
- Logicomix Review
- Them Ol' Comic Book Ads
- Robbi Rodriguez Is Awesome!
- Review: Deus ex Comica
- Remember: The Hulk Was An Original Avenger
- Jason Yungbluth At C2E2?
- Comics By Kleefeld
- The Negative Zone & Plagiarism
- Comic Book Fanthropology Sale
- Top Comic Characters I Want To See Made Into Actio...
- ▼ March (39)
- ► 2009 (365)
- ► 2008 (358)
- ► 2007 (382)