Marvel EIC Joe Quesada in this morning's USA Today: "Heroes will be heroes again. They've gone through hell and they're back to being good guys — a throwback to the early days of the Marvel Universe, with more of a swashbuckling feel."
Me, in a blog post a year and half ago: "I think Obama's presidency will affect comics in much the same way. The manner in which he leads the nation, if it follows the manner in which he led his campaign, will bring brighter, more optimistic stories."
So, for my next prediction: I think that everyone reading this will each send me $1,000.
- ► 2015 (253)
- ► 2014 (259)
- ► 2013 (342)
- ► 2012 (372)
- ► 2011 (367)
- Last Day For 10% Off Comic Book Fanthropology!
- Crossover Genius Or Crossover Fail?
- I'm Gettin' All Social Media On Your Behind Now!
- Fun Things To Learn From Original Art
- I Love Being Right
- Superhero City
- The Fantasti-Font Lives On!
- Weekend Reading
- Defining Comics
- To Borrow From Tom Spurgeon's Topics...
- Julie Larson On Webcomics, Take 2
- Beerbohm Update
- Everybody Dance Now
- Godin On McCloud
- Aaaand We're Done!
- The Montgomery Story: In English, Spanish, Arabic ...
- Happy Birthday, Tom!
- Neil Gaiman Engaged
- Blake's 7, Metropolis & Best Of Lists
- Comic Book Survey!
- Chaos In Comics?
- The History Of Comic Books
- And Because I Love You Guys...
- Dr. Kleefeld?
- Upcoming Kirby Collector
- Ten Random Kleefeld Facts
- Kirby Speaks
- Indiana Jones & The Secret Of Lost Fandom
- The Battle For Good In India's Comics
- CCI 2009 In 30 Seconds
- We Kill Monsters #6
- The Original League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- "I Did It! I'm Free!"
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2009 (365)
- ► 2008 (358)
- ► 2007 (382)