- Remaining employed during this recession
- Remaining healthy through worsening health care coverage and plans
- Being able to deal with financial stresses that have really put a squeeze on my budget
- My family & friends
- The support I've gotten while writing my book
- Being able to stay relatively in touch and in tune with the comics industry despite not being able to afford a single comic
- Having the wherewithal to deal with having a car being struck by lightning
- People are still interested in the work of Jack Kirby fifteen years after his death
- The love and support of my S.O.
Not a particularly long list, but it has, as I've said, been a really harsh year. Appreciate whatever it is you've got.