- Sarah McIntyre relays her adventures at the recent IMAGINE Children's Festival. There were lots of kids, lots of pirate drawings and, it looks like, lots of fun.
- It would seem that Mark Waid is going digital. Will he be breaking new ground? Maybe, maybe not. But that it's Mark Waid will almost certainly draw in some of his fans from the print-only side of comics.
- The Pasadina Star-News has a piece focused on illustrator David Russell who helped storyboard movies from Return of the Jedi to Red Tails. Of possible interest to comic fans is that it's noted that Russell, beginning at the age of 13, met and was mentored by Jack Kirby.
- Mark D. White points to a free online samplings of the upcoming book, The Avengers and Philosophy: Earth's Mightiest Thinkers. You can pre-order the book here.
- I had to check the date on this article several times because it's one that seems like it should've been written at least a decade ago. There's absolutely nothing note-worthy in the piece other than that the author seems phenomenally naive about and/or out of touch with pop culture trends.
Here, There Be Wednesday Links